Thursday, May 17, 2007
Juvenalia Restoration Attempt
One of my old drawing from 40 or so years ago was stuck to a painting and had disintegrated from the dampness in my parents' basement. In order to free the painting, I had to destroy the drawing, which I photographed first and then set about to restore (on a long trip, while Biker Buddy was driving.) Although the original piece was nothing particluarly exciting, I discovered that restoring it was not that simple. I learned a lot about line weight and line grace and movement which probably doesn't show in my attempt, but at least I gained some understanding (if not expertise).
Posted by Mary Stebbins Taitt at 9:08 PM