Thursday, May 17, 2007

Juvenalia Restoration Attempt


One of my old drawing from 40 or so years ago was stuck to a painting and had disintegrated from the dampness in my parents' basement. In order to free the painting, I had to destroy the drawing, which I photographed first and then set about to restore (on a long trip, while Biker Buddy was driving.) Although the original piece was nothing particluarly exciting, I discovered that restoring it was not that simple. I learned a lot about line weight and line grace and movement which probably doesn't show in my attempt, but at least I gained some understanding (if not expertise).
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carolyn Hietala said...

Oh my gosh.... I have a few of those hanging around too ;0)

My old high school sketchbook barely survives but now I know (thanks to you)what I will do with it now! When all else fails.... collage...ha

Thanks Mary

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Thanks so much Carolyn for your visit and comment!